Property Management Department
The Property Management Department is responsible for the management of the real estate and specialized assets in the Corporations proprietary portfolio. This is a key function in preserving the value of the Corporation’s assets and is critical in achieving the best possible price for the Corporation upon disposal.
The Department specifically manages the assets which fall under the following categories:
1. Real estate property which comprise of landed property such as developed (residential, commercial,) and undeveloped (bareland),
2. Specialized assets such as tank farms, vessels, jetties, aircrafts, etc.
The functions of the department include the following activities amongst several others:
1. Marketing and sourcing of tenants for the vacant property in the proprietary portfolio
2. Management of leases, service charge and other agreed payment for occupied properties under management, provides facility management services and management of facility Management Company.
3. Managing and supervising contractors and vendors approved by the Corporation.
4. Secure and maintain properties as may be required e.g. deploying security guards, eviction of squatters, etc.
5. Conduct conditional assessment of asset under management, as well as provide corrective, preventive and repair maintenance works for properties under management emergency repairs like fire outbreak, plumbing etc.
6. Conduct site visits, assessment and inspection of AMCON properties located across all geographic zones in Nigeria.